The creator of the first moka pot in the world, Alfonso Bialetti, named his creation “moka express”. To this day, this classic model is the most popular amongst coffee lovers all over the world. Its body is molded from aluminum, while the knob and the handle are made of thermoplastic.
Using this pot, you’ll be able to brew 190 ml (or 4 small espresso cups) of coffee at a time.
As far back as 1933, “Bialetti” created the world’s first moka pot, which quickly turned into the central symbol of early Italian mornings and became extremely popular all over the world. A moka pot will allow you to brew coffee quickly and with extreme ease: in just a few minutes, the wonderful aroma of coffee will envelop your house and the perfect cup will be waiting for you to enjoy it.
How to brew coffee in a moka pot?
1. Fill the bottom chamber with water at room temperature (up to the pot’s safety valve).
2. Choose your favourite ground coffee (recommended grind level: ground specially for a moka pot and never too fine!). Generously fill the filter of the pot with coffee, but make sure not to press it.
3. Place the moka pot on the stove (the handle should be kept further away from the heat source). Set heat to low – waiting for a few more minutes is definitely worth the resulting flavour. Once the upper chamber is filled with coffee, turn off the heat.
4. Now, on to the most important stage – tasting! Your coffee will be even more delicious if you drink it right away.
– Not dishwasher-safe
– Not suitable for induction hobs
Frequently Asked Questions
Ask your question about the product